On 21 Apr 2014, at 11:18am, Neville Dastur <nevillebdas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a column defined as hospitals_id TEXT PRIMARY KEY UNIQUE which stores
> a GUID. Hence the text primary key. When I do an INSERT OR REPLACE the rows
> are duplicated.

I want to check that these keys really are duplicates and don't just look like
they're duplicates.

Copy your database to your computer and open it with the SQLite Shell Tool (or
write some code to do these tests.  Then try

SELECT hospitals_id, length(hospitals_id), typeof(hospitals_id) FROM hospitals;

SELECT hospitals_id, typeof(hospitals_id), COUNT(*) FROM hospitals GROUP BY
hospitals_id;

SELECT hospitals_id, typeof(hospitals_id), COUNT(*) FROM hospitals GROUP BY
hospitals_id HAVING (COUNT(*) > 1);

Simon.