On 2014/05/18 19:28, Wolfgang Enzinger wrote:
Completely agreed. I was just referring to the OP who asked for an "API....

Indeed - my apologies too - I took your statement to imply that the solution (which Igor and yourself discussed) would not work for the OP precisely because of it needing a DB connection, which naturally caused the slightly lengthy digression - completely unnecessary since re-reading your post reveals it to be a simple aside and not really the fabric of my assumption.

I suppose looking on the bright side, if the OP did ponder in this vein, it's
already answered! :)