Thank you for your replies.

I'm sorry for not being super clear about the problem:

Note: The parId belongs to another table not shown here.

TeamTable
+---------------------------------+
| id         | parId | personIds |
+---------------------------------+
| 1          | 4       | 1,5,2,3,4   |
| 2          | 5       | 2,6,3,5,1   |
+----------------------------------|

PersonTable
+------------------+
| id         | name |
+------------------+
| 4          | 4       |
| 5          | 5       |
+---------+-------+

@Simon, thank you for showing me a better way to setup the tables,
your way makes much more sense,  only problem is that in this
situation, the tables have already been defined and made by someone
else so I cannot change it.  I'm a bit stuck with the way it is.

@ Gunter, the picture above is a better representation of the tables.

After searching on the net for an answer, I think what I want is a way
to get a subSelect statement to return something  that the Select from
IN (string) can work.  At least this is what I'm thinking from my very
very limited understanding of SQL and with the way that I'm trying to
do this.