The Xerial JDBC driver does not if I recall correctly. There’s no reason why it
couldn’t, the developers just didn’t implement it. Perhaps you should file an
enhancement request in their issue tracker requesting it be implemented.
If you don’t need nested transactions then you can get a single begin/commit
transaction by disabling auto commit (see
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/basics/transactions.html)

Pepijn