Hello Philip,

> How about using prepared statements in conjunction with bind?

I also considered dat, and although it would certainly make the ammount of
data send after the preparation smaller, it could still mean shi(t/p)loads
of data being shutteled to-and-fro.

And although I find the "to" quite acceptable (I need it to be able to
display something :-) ), I do not think the same about the "fro" part
(having to send the just-received data back again) ....

Regards,
Rudy Wieser