Conversion of oversized hex into FP would break easily and reveal hardly reproductible across many platforms. Being a support for some languages fora I observe daily how FP inaccuracies is a real-world problem in simple-looking code.

The only reasonable thing I can foresee is treat hex as signed int64 inside limits and as blobs outside int64 limits, all without a warning or error raised.

This way no new behavior is needed: what happens today when a hex blob appears somewhere? Just like when a column typed as INT holds few blobs: does the index build/search bomb: no. Oversize hex literals will simply behave the same.