On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Andy Ling <andy.l...@quantel.com> wrote:

> Because the file doesn't exist. I assume because this is a brand new
> database the file hasn't been created yet.
>
> I did debug this originally, but I don't remember the file it is trying to
> delete. It definitely didn't exist though.
>
> To some extent it doesn't really matter. The unixDelete function on
> vxWorks with dosFs is broken for files that don't exist, so some change is
> needed.

That check to ignore the error when trying to delete a file that does not
exist - that check was only added less than 2 years ago, 2012-11-10.  So
for the first 8 years of its history, billions of instances of SQLite3 got
along fine without that check.  This is not surprising since an attempt to
delete a file that does not exist should only come up in very rare
circumstances.

So we can update the unixDelete routine for that.

But, the fact that your build of SQLite does not work *at all* without such
a change suggests that there are other problems - problems that are being
masked, but not resolved, by the unixDelete change.  I'm trying figure out
what those other problems are.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org