On 8 Sep 2014, at 3:11am, Andres Riancho <andres.rian...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    I'm using sqlite as the database backend for an open source
> project and it works perfectly 99% of the time; however some users
> have reported "database disk image is malformed" errors [1][2].

There are two possibilities:

A) The database really is malformed
B) The client's copy of SQLite is returning that code by mistake.

Can you have one of these clients send you a copy of their database after they
have received this message ?  Then you can try and open it yourself and see
whether it really is malformed.

All the incidents like this I can remember have been the result of bad memory
management or using stale pointers.  It's likely that you will eventually find
that some other process is overwriting SQLite's memory or writing to the
database file.  But it's possible you've found a genuine bug in SQLite and
we'll try to help.

Simon