On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:
> On 08/09/14 03:49, Andres Riancho wrote:
>> Off-list some guys contacted me and mentioned APSW [0], another
>> wrapper around sqlite for python, and said that it might be worth
>> giving it a try. Do you guys believe that a change in wrapper could
>> improve my situation? Thanks!
>
> (Disclosure: I am the APSW author)
>
> It seems like you are randomly fishing around for things hoping for some
> magic.  There is no magic.

Damn. I really like magic.

> When deployed to a non-trivial number of places there will be some
> corruption no matter what.  Most machines do not run ECC, cosmic rays,
> random quality hardware, bad cables etc will cause problems eventually.
>
> Changing SQLite settings (eg pragma synchronous=off) to deliberately lose
> durability is playing with fire.  It is only safe if you can prove your code
> is (and always will be) bug free.
>
> APSW is a better wrapper for SQLite.  If you use a recent version then you
> will also be using a recent version of SQLite which will have more defensive
> code in it based on real world experience.
>
>   http://rogerbinns.github.io/apsw/pysqlite.html

Thanks for the input. My plan will be to comment the line that sets
sync=off and see how the application behaves. If the bug reports drop
to zero (or near zero), we'll know that was the reason. If the errors
still appear, I might experiment with apsw.

> Roger

Andrés Riancho
Project Leader at w3af - http://w3af.org/
Web Application Attack and Audit Framework
Twitter: @w3af
GPG: 0x93C344F3