John McKown writes:

>  The first option is to totally disable getting any emails at all. This
>  is often called NOMAIL mode. If you decide to do that, then you can,
>  at your convenience, go to this page:
>  http://sqlite.org:8080/cgi-bin/mailman/private/sqlite-users/ and
>  review the archives. Before you can browse them, you will need to put
>  in your email address and password. This option is really nice for
>  reading threads because the software can put the thread together for
>  you in a logical manner. Unfortunately, you cannot use the archive
>  page to reply to a message, or to originate a message.

John, your kind reply is an inspiration.

You, and the OP, may be pleased to know that under the right circumstances,
you can use the archive page to reply to a message.  On every message
displayed by the web interface to the archive, the 2nd line had an
underlined,
"mailto:"; link.  For systems/accounts which are setup to handle that
"protocol",
clicking the link in most modern browsers will invoke the setup email
client,
with the correct addressee to reach the list.  (I have used that mailto:
link for
this message, in fact.)

Best regards,
--