On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Dave Wellman <dwell...@ward-analytics.com>
wrote:

> The problem deals with dividing by 0. As far as I can remember, in every
> programming language that I have ever used and in all databases that I've
> used, if you try and divide by 0 the process will fail with a 'divide by
> zero' error. Sqlite doesn't seem to do that, it instead returns NULL.

SQLite has returned NULL for division by zero for time out of mind.  Maybe
you are right and that was a bad design decision.  But it is not something
we can change now, without risk of breaking some fraction of the multiple
millions of applications that use SQLite.  Bummer.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org