Hello All,

select * from august where transaction_amount = (select
max(transaction_amount) from august)

This statement should show be the merchant account with the top most expensive
transaction from my table called august.

Result:
$999.63
(I trimmed out other items that I can't show).

Same results with this: select max(transaction_amount) from august
$999.63

But this is NOT the most expensive amount, but it is for a three digit dollar
amount.

For example, this record is much higher in terms of transaction_amount:
$16695.36

This is a csv file that I've imported and I'm using SQLiteSpy with sqlite
3.8.6 as well as
FreeBSD lyander-fbsd 10.0-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p9 #0: Mon Sep 15
14:32:29 UTC 2014
r...@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
also with sqlite3.8.6

How am i misunderstanding max?