Try?  Don't use a network.  It isn't safe due to file locking mechanisms
(As you've noted) at the server side, not the client side.  The other
option is to either build a SQLite server where the local database store
is, or, get MySQL/MSSQL up and running.

https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

Specifically the last section.