Hi Edward,
On 25 December 2014 at 19:33, Edward Lau <elau1...@aim.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks:
> I have read in many posting that SQLite is fast.  How fast is fast?  So over
> this holiday break I tried to take a reading on the VDBE performance to get a
> general idea.  I wrote a quick module to enable me to exercise the engine
> simulating 32M rows without any IOs.  For each iteration I just increment a
> counter and each call to xColumn() I pass the value of the counter back.
> Starting from a baseline, I notice the time increase dramatically depending
> what i am doing.  The performance is still fast in terms of elapsed time but
> if measured by percentage degradation; it

<snip>

> Edward Lau@T60p ~/myCprograms
> $ sqlite3
> SQLite version 3.8.4.3 2014-04-03 16:53:12

I don't have anything to add but perhaps a suggestion to try a more
recent version of sqlite to see if to makes a difference.

You may think 3.8.4 is not that old but look at this time line to
indicate how many modifications are made to source and site:
http://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/timeline

And there have been seven releases since 3.8.4.3.

Best,
jungle

--
-------