Hi,

I am looking for the fastest way to insert many rows to a simple table.

By "simple" I mean a relation table (with just a couple integer/key fields)
or even a single-column (temp table used for filtering as an alternative to
a "in" literal), but I want to insert hundreds of thousandths of them as
fast as possible.

The fastest I have found so far is to use an insert from a select with
json_each() used to provide the data.
Using multiple "insert into", even within a prepared statement within a
transaction is quite slower.

The json_each approach would satisfy my need, but I am curious is there is
another approach that could be suggested? (without involving a custom
function)

Eric