On 2015-04-01 09:17 PM, Mark Romero wrote:
> Hello everyone and thanks for your replies (I am new to using a mailing
> list so I hope that everyone gets this response).

Everyone did. As to the question - as Simon mentioned, we are not aware
- but I am not a Lightroom or Win7 user, so I phoned a friend who is a
photographer and I happen to know uses Win7 64 Pro always up to date and
for whom Lightroom is a daily staple, hoping that any regression might
be visible or known to him (and possibly how to solve it).

He was quite surprised at my suggestion and confirmed doing more than a
bit of lightroom editing and backups (whatever that means in a Lightroom
context) even this week without any issues.  This is of course nothing
more than incidental evidence but does suggest that the problem, if the
cause is in the update, might be due to some other subset of hardware or
software combinations you use.

If I pretend to wear a sleuth hat for a moment, I would say the fact
that it affects both you and your son's machines seems non-coincidental
and would suggest that you list all things you have in common,
especially other software, and start eliminating those. I'd start with
Lightroom add-ons (if those exist).

Best of luck!
Ryan