On 2015-04-10 02:09 PM, Simon Slavin wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2015, at 12:53pm, R.Smith <rsmith at rsweb.co.za> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't matter, C API calls or pragma, whatever works best as long as
>> there is /some/ way to get to that info.  Usually though, most C API calls
>> valuable to end users too, ends up having a pragma that can produce similar
>> output.
> I think there are two different things being discussed here:
>
> The original user was asking for details about the calls built into the
> SQLite API like sqlite3_step().
>
> The other user was asking for details about what loadable extensions are
> currently loaded.

Right you are, my bad, both issues are important though: I see Roger
already asked for a compiled version of the db containing the
information as Richard suggested exists - which would make documentation
linking much easier for any wrapper or gui programmer and would
definitely be a boon - I'd like this very much too. (And I'd prefer it
in SQLite DB format as I'm sure Roger would, just did not realise that
is even an option, usually documenty things are all XMLed up).

And then there is the ability to query available function calls
registered (or embedded) with the SQLite engine you are using at the
moment (which might well be linked via a library plus loadable
extensions). This would be fantastic to have too.

As for the usual C API calls supported, I think knowing the version
number (which you can already obtain via query or API) suffices, so
happy there if the DB mentioned above is available.