On 2015-04-13 11:38 PM, Drago, William @ CSG - NARDA-MITEQ wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a convenient way to transfer data from SQLite to SQL Server? I'm
> presently writing code to do a row by row transfer of all my tables, but the
> thought crossed my mind that maybe there's a better way.

Depends, a row by row transfer is not bad, it is what all transfers will
boil down to. You might use the SQL Server native connector
(sqlncli.dll) and use the api to bind the variables (just like in
SQLite) for very fast transfers. Or you might compile a list of INSERT
statements in MSSQL format, still quite fast.

If you are doing this as a once-off, there are tools that can do that
for you (as far as exporting to SQL goes anyway). If you need to do this
all the time, best is to make connector in your system. In the end, the
data has to go from whatever form into SQL and get fed into whichever
SQL engine you choose because the receiving engine needs the opportunity
to do validation and constraint checking depending on its version of the
schema.

Programmatically adjusting mutative schemata to have the same meaning
when it transmits to  MSSQL (or any other SQL engine) is a rabbit hole
I'd avoid.

I realize these statements are more vague than helpful at this point -
if you could be more specific with the use case, I'm sure lots of people
here have walked the route and will have options.