Serialization should be trivial in whatever language you happen to be
using.  Something along the lines of golang's encoding/gob is ideal for
this.  In c# there is, no doubt, very robust serialization built in and it
really amounts to little more than Serialize(object) <-->
Deserialize(object).  It is best to have a separate column whose purpose is
only to give a version number of some sort to the data.  Somebody will then
be responsible for tracking any changes to the stored data with different
version numbers and, if required, write a simple method for transforming
one set of data to another.  This does, of course, potentially affect logic
within your application, but how to deal with that is up to you.