I observed the sqlite command shell version 3.8.11.1 to crash (exit to the
OSwithout an error message) while running in a Cygwin shell under Windows 7
when I tried to create anindex.? The source was compiled by gcc 4.9.2. ?The
same type of crashhappened when I tried the operation from a Lua script linked
to the same objectlibrary.

?
Here are the DDL statements entered previous to the crash:

?
CREATE TABLEd200_on_passport(fn,path,size,serial,pid);

CREATE INDEX d200_on_passport_serial ond200_on_passport(serial);

CREATE VIEW d200 as select * fromd200_on_passport;

?
And here is the statement thatcaused the crash:

create index d200_on_passport_fn ond200_on_passport(fn);

?
The crash didn?t happen when Itried the CREATE INDEX statement on a test
database with the same ddlstatements but containing no data.

The compressed version of the database that illustrates the problem is a little
smaller than 2 MB. ?It contains some semi-personal information (it's part of an
attempt to organize my photo library; pathnames hint at where I've been on
vacation and so on, but the database contains no images) and I'd prefer not to
post it to a list, but I can send it for use by those tracking down the bug.

Robert Weiss