Hi:

My name is Martin, I have been using SQLite for web development for
several years. Can't say enough good things about it.

Recently, I was asked to implement full-text search in an application
with up to 1 million items, each with several columns having AND, OR
and a phrase search capabilities. I can only work with FTS4, which
does not allow a phrase search with column specifiers, e. g. this is
invalid:

MATCH 'column1:"lorem ipsum" column2:"gaudeamus igitur"'

My question is - can I simulate phrases with the NEAR keyword? Like so:

MATCH 'column1:lorem NEAR/0 column1:ipsum column2:gaudeamus NEAR/0
column2:igitur'

The way NEAR keyword is explained, it should work, and all my tests
give me correct results. I just want to make sure it is always going
to be correct. Thanks.

Best,
Martin