On 2015-08-29 2:28 PM, Simon Slavin wrote:

>> On 2015-08-29 10:41 AM, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:
>>> It would be nice to have something like this on sqlite too !
>>>
>>> http://blog.aquameta.com/2015/08/29/intro-meta/
>
> I would prefer a system conforming to the information schema part of SQL-92:
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_schema>

That works so long as the INFORMATION_SCHEMA is exhaustive and it is possible
replicate every last significant detail of a database schema just from the
information provided there.  If a DBMS' standard database dump includes details
that can't be gleaned from the DBMS' INFORMATION_SCHEMA, then the latter isn't
sufficiently exhaustive, and would need to be extended in order for an
updateable version to fully replace distinct DDL.  (Case in point, MySQL is
deficient in this way, I know from experience.) -- Darren Duncan