Dave

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do from your description -
the schema of  the tables you have and those that you want may help.

But as a general idea you might be able to use something along the lines of

create table newtable as select x, y, z from oldtable

More info here:

https://www.sqlite.org/lang_createtable.html
Paul
www.sandersonforensics.com
skype: r3scue193
twitter: @sandersonforens
Tel +44 (0)1326 572786
http://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?195-SQLite-Forensic-Toolkit
-Forensic Toolkit for SQLite
email from a work address for a fully functional demo licence