Jim,
   My data used to be hard coded into my app but now I am porting to
Android and the rules have changed. I need smaller subs so the database
fills the need to make my large subs smaller due to hard coded data. So
in reality I just need a flat file or as you as say, a denormalized
database. I figured I would learn the normalized way as years ago I was
trying to figure that out with Access (with no success). But I am also
learning Android programming (very early stage), and see that it will be
easier for me to have a denormalized db for now. My db will be "read
only" too. So that makes its use more like hard coded data which I want
and need. When I learned VB years ago I got stumped often but over time
things started to "click". I am waiting to hear those clicks with SQLite
soon. :)
Thanks,
Dave
(also in Florida)