On 10/11/15, E.Pasma <pasma10 at concepts.nl> wrote:

> One minor shortcoming however. If combined with the other new feature:
> The CREATE VIEW statement now accepts an optional list of column names
> following the view name.
> the clarifying error message no longer appears and instead comes a
> kind of bus error. I suppose this should be fixed.

Thanks for the bug report!

The problem was that the new CREATE VIEW syntax that allowed column
names to be specified with the view name was (accidentally) bypassing
the circular definition check.  Then later, SQLite would go into an
infinite recursion trying to expand the view, resulting in a segfault
when the stack overflowed.

The problem has now been fixed on trunk and a new snapshot of the
amalgamation is available at https://www.sqlite.org/download.html

Please keep testing!  We hope to release version 3.9.0 within the next
few days, and it is far better to find and fix bugs before the release
than afterwards!

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org