This is an IDE issue.  If I run my queries from the command line, all is
good.  Sorry for the confusion.  It is when I run my queries through my
Rubymine IDE that I am getting exceptions thrown.  I need to investigate
what version of Sqlite is being implemented.

Something learned is always a good experience,
dvn