On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Richard Hipp <drh at sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 9/11/15, Petite Abeille <petite.abeille at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  serialization of the week
>
> The json.org website has been up since 2002.  JSON itself predates
> that.  It is roughly the same age as SQLite itself and is older than
> SQLite3.  I'm thinking that maybe JSON is not just a passing fad.
> Could be wrong though.....
> --
> D. Richard Hipp
> drh at sqlite.org

?PostgreSQL has had JSON for a couple of releases now. I am amazed at the
number of messages on that forum about "how do I use JSON in the WHERE
clause of a SELECT?" and other such where people want to not just store
JSON encoded data, but do SELECTs and UPDATEs on _parts_ of a JSON encoded
column. They're like polygamists in that they want their Kate and Edith
too. [grin/] I.e. relational queries against a non-relational field. ?

?Oh, and the latest DB/2 UDB from IBM is getting JSON columns as well. I
don't know what their implementation does with it.?

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown