On 6 Apr 2016, at 2:11am, Rail Jon Rogut <sqlite3 at platinumsamples.com> wrote:

> sql = pragma table_info('mytablename');
> Sqlite3 log: 3338 Err: os_win.c:37516: (0)
> winAccess(C:\MyAppPath\Databases\mydatabase.db-journal) - The operation
> completed successfully.
> Sqlite3 log: 3338 Err: disk I/O error

Presumably you mean that if you try the same thing and the other program isn't
running, you get no problem.  And that the problem does occur without fail when
the other program is running.

Also, just because it's so unusual I just want you to restate that these two
programs are trying to open different databases.  At least that's what I
understood from your post.

Please can you run whatever tools your OS provides for checking disk formatting
and directory structure, just to ensure that your problem is not caused by a
corrupt disk.

Can you write some code which tries to open the database file(s) just using
plain file commands (presumably fopen() or something like that) ?  Does this
code also get 'disk I/O error' ?

Another thing to try would be to download the SQLite shell tool and try using
that to open the database instead.  Do you get the same problem ?

Simon.