On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 23:56:53 +0200
R Smith <rsmith at rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> On 2016/04/05 11:15 PM, Keith Medcalf wrote:
> > Are we confusing immediate constraints (checked per statement) with
> > DEFERRED constraints (checked at COMMIT time) again?

In SQLite some constraints are checked per row, not per statement.

> We might be - though I assume the OP implicated only deferred
> constraints - since immediate constraints will fail on contact, and
> as such, no mystery surrounds their origins.

One table may have more than one constraint.  Primary key violations
are reported as such, but CHECK constraint and FK constraint messages
don't mention the column involved.

OP: I investigated the problem a year ago or more and concluded it's not
easy to remedy.  Today violations are simply counted.  To report them
in detail would require carrying much more state, and externalizing
constraint conditions in human-readable form.  Unless you have a patch
that does all that, I doubt PRAGMA DEBUG_MODE will be realized.

--jkl