> When filling a table with 10.000 records the file is 501 KB without auto
> commit and 500 KB with auto commit. Not a big difference, but I am
> intrigued: can auto commit result in smaller SQLite files?
>
> Is with Java and SQLite 3.8.11.

?It is not auto commit. I tried the same with the data changed from blob to
text. It first looked that this gave different results also. But when I ran
the version without auto commit (takes less as a second instead of 25
minutes), I saw I got the same differences.

Can it be that because the data is random sometimes the indexes need more
room?

--
Cecil Westerhof