I'm new to the list, so apologies if this has been posted before.

I am using sqlite3 3.7.17 on Linux Slackware64 14.1. I use the sqlite3 command
every 10 minutes to query several Thunderbird calendar databases. Occasionally,
have a message, "Error: database is locked"; understandable since Thunderbird
is occasionally updating its database.

First, is there a way to open a database in readonly mode from the command line?
I 've searched the man page and googled, but I find nothing. I've tried opening
the database as dbname?mode=ro, but that doesn't work. The C API has such a
mode, but apparently not the command line.

If the answer to that question is "no", I would like to request that a readonly
switch be added to future versions of sqlite. I think this would be generally
useful and couldn't be that difficult to implment.

Thanks, Mark