From: Howard Chu [mailto:h...@symas.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 4:23 PM
To: SQLite mailing list
Subject: Re: [sqlite] IS a SQLite db of small size as good as reliable cache?

The Windows cache manager is quite aggressive at evicting cached pages from
RAM. It used to be tunable back in Win2000, but none of those tuning knobs
survived past WinXP. Generally, if you access some data, leave it for more than
5-10 seconds, don't expect to be able to reference it again without incurring a
hard page fault.

Note that the cache eviction runs quite frequently - once every 5 seconds or
so, and evicts pages regardless of whether there's any memory pressure in the
system. It's quite possibly the stupidest cache manager ever written.

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain confidential information
and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive
attention of the intended addressees named above. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and its attachments. Unauthorized use, copying or
further full or partial distribution of this e-mail or its contents is
prohibited.