Indeed those two possibilities! And perhaps also to MODIFY a column. We
alter tables all the time :)

The possibility to specify at which place an added column should appear
when I do a "SELECT * ..." would be a nice extra, in MySQL it is done
like: ALTER TABLE table_name ADD COLUMN col_name1 [_AFTER_ col_name2 |
FIRST]

Gr.,
Gunnar