The process, working in iOS:

*         Retrieve an employee photo using web service call, encoded in Base64
string

*         Convert Base64 string to NSData object - 3245 bytes

*         Store NSData object to a Blob in SQLite - 3245 bytes

*         Retrieve Blob to NSData object - 3245 bytes

*         The retrieved data will not display.

*         In comparing the hex input and retrieved output, I find there are 16
bytes added to the head of the data and I'm 16 bytes short.

*         If I add the 16 bytes to the total when storing the data and then
read back 3245 bytes at the location ptr + 16 bytes, I've got my proper data,
which displays as normal.

Anyone have any insights into this?

Joseph Rooney
Mobile Development