> If you're really sure that the database files are identical, the easiest
> way to do the replication would be to copy the WAL file.
>
> What processing do you want to do?

I want to take note of changes and depending on data, I might replicate in
some other DB. The database files are not necessarily identical. So mere
copying wont help me. I should get the data from WAL and based on which
table(can I get these info from WAL?) the data was changed, I should act
accordingly. So the only way is to read page and extract information from
it or any other way??

> Is there any other better way other than WAL?
>
> Record the SQL statements that are executed.

This is one another case, where some optimization could happen, like for
example if I run a update query and nothing gets updated in a particular
table which is similar in 2 different databases, then WAL doesn't have any
changes on that particular table and no need to execute the same query
again in different DB!
And I have some other use cases like those.
So I would like to see the changes from WAL and based on changes and the
query, I will proceed.
So i need a better way to read the contents from the WAL.
One of them is analyzing the pages from WAL, any others??. In PostgreSQL,
for WAL, they have a module which will give summary of which row in a
particular table was changed by reading the contents from WAL. Any module
like that?? because my work will be easy if I get the info of changes that
way!!