On 16/05/16 10:36, Richard Hipp wrote:
> I find that when you are thinking long-term, it changes your
> perspective on which patches land on trunk.

In addition to your (plural) fantastic work, saying yes/no is probably
by far the most important piece.  There are constant calls for things to
be added or changed, often with very good reasoning and benefits.  We
see it frequently on this list.  Saying no is hard, and isn't something
people like doing.

Yet striking the right balance is difficult.  If you don't do enough,
the project can end up left behind by the times.  And if you do too much
it becomes large, hard to use, complicated etc, often driving others to
make a simpler alternative, leaving the project behind.

Thanks!

Roger