On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Jim Borden <jim.bor...@couchbase.com> wrote:
> The library will be happily running along and then suddenly a SELECT
> statement will return error code 26 upon step.

Error code 26 is SQLITE_NOTADB.  That only happens when SQLite is
reading the 100-byte header at the beginning of the database file and
finds that header is correct.  This is given a discinct error code
because usually that finding means that you are trying to open
something that is not really an SQLite database file.

Debugging hints:

(1) Set error logging on your application:  https://www.sqlite.org/errlog.html

(2) Compile the "showdb" utility program (using "make showdb") and
then run "showdb DATABASE dbheader" on a corrupt database file.  Send
the results to this list.  (There are many other useful run-time
options for "showdb" that you might also find useful.)

> This connection is in “multi thread” mode I think (compiled with thread
> safety on but opened with NO_MUTEX).

Does the problem go away if you se the threading mode to "serialized"?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org