The pragmas I am using are just journal mode WAL and the add on pragma from
sqlcipher to set the key.  I am using threads fairly heavily (or rather C# is
via Tasks and asynchronous ops), but here is the overall model:

Read connection (read only) shared between threads freely.  I can pump this
through the single thread as well, but it will still suffer from an error in
prepared statement handling (see below on write connection)
Write connection (also internal reads) pumped through a single thread for
writes.  However, I realized that prepared statements were only being created
on the special thread but being executed on others.

I read something that indicated that SQLite is never safe to be used from two
threads at once, but it was labeled as outdated and seems to be contradicted by
the newer information.

I am only using one process in the program.

Jim Borden
Software Engineer

jim.bor...@couchbase.com