> On 2016/07/05 10:50 PM, R Smith wrote:
> The page size of the DB doesn't actually change until you repack it (unless
> it is new) - I think.
>
> Try the test running "VACUUM;" after setting the page size to repack the DB
> in that page size and so make it stick outside of the current connection.

It is max_page_count, not page_size.

> On Jul 5, 2016, at 1:56 PM, R Smith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:
>
> Actually - this looks more like a big-endian problem...
>
> 1073741823 is exactly 4-bytes left shifted from 16384. So you are
> setting/reading the high order bytes of a 64-bit field in stead of the
> low-order bytes.

Yeah, I expect the default max_page_count is a power of 2, which would be the
1073741823. I just expected the value I set to be persistent and it doesn't
look like it is. (Which means every program that opens the DB *must* set this
on the new connection.)

Thanks,

-- Ward