> On Jul 5, 2016, at 3:18 PM, David Empson <demp...@emptech.co.nz> wrote:
>

>> On 6/07/2016, at 8:55 AM, Ward WIllats <sqlite-us...@wardco.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have noticed that when I set max_page_count programatically to 16384 and
>>> read it back with the shell I get 1073741823.
>>> If I set max_page_count with the shell to 16384 and read it back
>>> programmatically, the program gets back 1073741823.
>>> Both the program and the shell can round-trip their own set/get cycle OK.
>>>

>> Oh wait, you're going to tell me the value is transient to the connection,
>> aren't you? And 1073741823 is some kind of max sentinel?
>
> Looks like it

Yep. Thanks. Might be nice to have the non-persistence mentioned in the docs
for the pragma....

/*
** Maximum number of pages in one database file.
**
** This is really just the default value for the max_page_count pragma.
** This value can be lowered (or raised) at run-time using that the
** max_page_count macro.
*/
#ifndef SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_COUNT
# define SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_COUNT 1073741823
#endif