On 2016/08/10 7:39 AM, Rousselot, Richard A wrote:

I like learning as much as the next guy but I prefer to spend my time on skills
I can use in the future; compiling a 64-bit binary is not a useful skill.//...

You spend several posts and a multitude of lines explaining how useful a 64-bit SQLite.exe would be for you - and then claim knowing how to make one isn't a useful skill - LoL - There's documentation, it will take you less than 30 minutes to set up a maker script (assuming you are completely green on the subject, else probably 5 minutes).

That said, I would like to add my vote to adding a 64-bit SQLite3.exe - not so much because of the few people who may need it - but because it is the new thing, it is the way the World is moving. Sure people still need 32bit, but gradually it's changing over. I am sure pretty soon, if not the next release of Windows, things will have moved to 64-bit only. Apple is already there. (Plus refer the Android tools note by J. Decker) etc.

SQLite's mindset (If I may use the collective) to my understanding has always been that of a pioneer. Unlike Richard (the OP) I use the 32 bit CLI simply because it's available and works fine (meaning I have no reason to roll my own yet), but I will happily use the 64bit if it becomes available, which probably lots of others like me would do, and it will widen the user base and go a long way towards sussing out possible 64bit bugs/improvements and the like.

</2c>
Ryan