Behalf Of Rousselot, Richard A
Sent: Wed 10 August 2016 15:43
To: SQLite mailing list
Subject: Re: [sqlite] 64-bit SQLite3.exe

First of all thanks for the discussion.  Special thanks out to DD. ;)

I will just summarize my main view.
* CTEs can easily exceed memory limits of the 32-bit SQLite3.exe.  So I have a
valid need and am not on a crusade to kill 32-bits.  Telling me that other
people don't have my problems is irrelevant, to me. :)

Response to all other banter; in good humor.
* The rest of the arguments about Microsoft currently shipping software that is
32-bit, is a red herring.  I bet if you tried hard enough, you could find code
from Windows 3.1 in Windows 10.  That wasn’t a properly thought out design
decision.  That is laziness and frugality (possibly stupidity) on Microsoft's
part.  I once read that MS would hire the developer of ReactOS so they could
explain how their own operating system works.   (I digress)
* If I did figure out how to build the 64-bit executable, I guarantee, that it
would be a catastrophe.  I can't even figure out how to post on Nabble for
freaks sake. ;)
* I can still buy a VW bug designed in the 30s; does that mean that all new
engines developed should have to fit in the back of that thing?
* I acquiesce on all other points, I am weary.

Finally, I just want to say I really appreciate the work that is put in to
SQLite.  It is one of many tools I use on a day to day basis but it is the only
one where I actively watch the discussions on a mailing list.  The regulars
here are thoughtful, intelligent and infinitely patient.  I learn new things
every day watching you guys and for that I thank you.

Richard