On 2016/08/17 4:54 AM, Aaron Paul wrote:
Greetings,

I’m importing a csv file into a newly created table with .import.  One of the
columns contain a numerical tag which sometimes resembles a date (example
08-17).

These are not dates, but the .import is converting 08-17 into 17-Aug

The odd thing is it is doing this even when the date doesn’t make sense,   like
35-September.

SQLIte (and I believe SQLite3.exe) is very much agnostic to input types, I don't think it will ever try to think for you (which is what makes it better than some other systems btw). That conversion is either happening before you import the data (if SQLite3.exe's output shows it wrong) or perhaps after or when you view it somewhere that tries to show dates nice. Feel free to send a small extract of the CSV file (which you .import) if you'd like us to confirm.

SQLite won't mess with it.

Cheers,
Ryan