Yes, [mmap] can be larger than physical memory.
And what do you think about the new mapping way I mentioned ?

原始邮件
发件人:Stephan bealsgb...@googlemail.com
发送时间:2016年8月31日(周三) 16:53
主题:Re: [sqlite] Why MMAP return ENOMEM in SQLite?

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Stephan Beal sgb...@googlemail.com wrote:  On
Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:39 AM, sanhua.zh sanhua...@foxmail.com wrote:   In my
testcase, I can only [mmap] a db file at most 1.4GB size. But in  this new way,
I can map a file at most 3.2GB. The test device is iPhone 6S.    According to
google, the iPhone 6s only has 2GB of RAM, so you can't  memmap 3.2G.
Correction: you can map larger than physical memory, up to limits set by the OS
environment. In your case, see:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9184773/is-there-a-practical-limit-on-the-number-of-memory-mapped-files-in-ios
  In any case, as Simone said, _other apps_ require memory of their own as
well.  Correction 2: Simon, not Simone (my roommate's name, so i type the 'e'
out of habit) -- ----- stephan beal http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
"Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of those
who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf