Yeah, I went through this myself a couple of weeks ago.  Your best bet is to
store your dates like this,

YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.  The data adapter for .NET we are shipping over here
allows you to write code for any other database via a data adapter, then
port your code with few to no changes.  We have found that if you use your
dates in the above format, you will be good.  This is the ANSI standard.

Something that I wish was documented was doing selects with this new cool
date routines.  Here is an example that will depict enough to get busy with
sqlite and dates.

CREATE TABLE Allan (DateTimeField DateTime);

INSERT INTO Allan (DateTimeField) VALUES ('2004-01-04 12:00:00');

SELECT DateTimeField FROM Allan WHERE datetime(DateTimeField) =
datetime('2004-01-04 12:00:00');
SELECT DateTimeField FROM Allan WHERE datetime(DateTimeField) >
datetime('2004-01-03 12:00:00');
SELECT DateTimeField FROM Allan WHERE datetime(DateTimeField) <
datetime('2004-01-03 12:00:00');

The above selects appeared to be happy in a working system.

Thanks,
Allan