At 12:29 PM -0700 5/17/04, Raymond Irving wrote:
Thanks for the feedback but I was not thinking about network connections to the database. I was more think of ways to get an SQLite Database connected to every day database objects and controls. Most of todays database tools use ODBC.

One typical example is how can I (easily) use SQLite inside VB for Databinding? If ODBC was standard then that would be a breeze not only for VB but for the hundreds for Rapid Application Development (RAD) software and components that are available today.

Regardless, one or more ODBC drivers are *already* available for SQLite, but are distributed separately. Anyone who wants to use ODBC-dependant development tools with SQlite can download one of those drivers. The fact that a driver isn't bundled with the SQlite core does not preclude its use with ODBC tools. -- Darren Duncan