[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The transition from 3.4.2 to 3.5.0 will perhaps be the
largest single change to SQLite since 2.8->3.0. I have *started* to prepare documentation describing
the changes in 3.5.0.  This is draft documentation.
But for those who are interested, please visit

   http://www.sqlite.org/34to35.html
   http://www.sqlite.org/capi350ref.html

Richard,

The API function sqlite3_vfs_find() is documented as:

The *sqlite3_vfs_find()* API is used to locate a particular VFS by name. Its prototype is as follows:

    sqlite3_vfs *sqlite3_vfs_find(const char *zVfsName);

The argument is the symbolic name for the desired VFS. If the argument is a NULL pointer, then the default VFS is returned. The function returns a pointer to the *sqlite3_vfs* object that implements the VFS. Or it returns a NULL pointer if no object could be found that matched the search criteria.

I wonder if it might not be better to change this API to accept an empty string, in addition to a NULL pointer, to find the default VFS. It seems to me this might make life easier for those writing wrappers in languages that don't have a concept of a NULL pointer.

Dennis Cote