Would this be a good time to replace the older sqlite3_prepare() and sqlite3_prepare16() interfaces with what is currently the newer sqlite3_prepare_v2() and sqlite3_prepare16_v2() interfaces respectively? Admittedly they are definitely not among the "less frequently used interfaces", but such an incompatible change to existing interfaces would be best done in such a version number jump if it is ever intended.

Regards,
Eugene Wee

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The transition from 3.4.2 to 3.5.0 will perhaps be the
largest single change to SQLite since 2.8->3.0. There will not be that many visible changes, but a lot is changing behind the scenes. Some less frequently used
interfaces will be changing in slightly incompatible
ways.  Users who have build customized OS intereface layers
or backends for SQLite will find that they are going to
need to do some rework.

SQLite version 3.5.0 is not close to being ready yet.
But it is to the point where the source code will
compile and pass many tests.  And so I would like to
take this opportunity to encourage people in the community to download the CVS HEAD and give it
a whirl in their applications.  Please let me know
about any serious issues you run across.

I have *started* to prepare documentation describing
the changes in 3.5.0.  This is draft documentation.
But for those who are interested, please visit

   http://www.sqlite.org/34to35.html
   http://www.sqlite.org/capi350ref.html

In particular, if your application uses a customized
OS interface for SQLite, you should read the 34to35.html
document to see exactly what will be involved in porting
your application to run with version 3.5.0.

The SQLite code currently in CVS HEAD is not ready for
production use.  We know that.  We know what many of the
problems are and Dan and I are working long hours to fix
them.  It's the problems that we *do not* know about that
are scary.  So that is why I am inviting the larger
community to have an early look and perhaps bring our
attention to issues sooner rather than later.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>