I have used the prepare, step, finalize methods in order to implement the
progress callback and it works fine.

However, I would like to know couple of things.

a. Whether the sqlite3_exec function is better in terms of performance to
receive the callback?

b. Will sqlite3_interrupt function stop the query execution immediately upon
request or does it continue the current instruction and then stop or any
thing as such?

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

Bharath

On 9/18/07 5:13 AM, "John Stanton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
>> An interesting method is "progress":
>>
>>   "The progress callback can be used to display the status of a lengthy query
>>    or to process GUI events during a lengthy query."
>>
>> But I'm not quite sure presently, how it could look like in practice? To make
>> a "progress bar" I've got to know a maximal value of the records (table
>> rows) involved in a query BEFORE it'll be caused to run.
>>
>> Perhaps again I've missed some simple thing(?) - but currently I don't know,
>> how can it be done in a simple way. The methods "changes" and "total_changes"
>> are giving the number or rows involved AFTER the query is done. So, how can
>> I count it all before, to make a nice looking progress bar? Just by making
>> additional, earlier query like "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xyz WHERE <condition>"?
>>
>> Perhaps someone could show me some example?
> You cannot know the result of a query until it is finished, and when it
> is finished there is no need for a progress bar.
>
> The obvious solution is to not use a bar but to have another form of
> progress indicator.

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.