> I don't think the extra bandwidth is an issue.  Dan points out that
> if you put the CSS in a separate file, then sometimes a browser
> will render the page without CSS, then when the CSS arrives a
> fraction of a second later, everything shifts.  I'd rather avoid
> that.
>
> I am now also told that web pages need to be designed for
> three separate browsers:  IE6, IE7, and all others.  This is
> madness.

Richard, talk to SteveL. IIRC he did the CSS for the Tcler's Wiki recently,
or at least knows who did ... Might have been Jos DeCoster too. And that CSS
has IIRC a lot of the tricks for nice display on a variety of browsers.

+1 on the madness.

--
        Andreas Kupries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Developer @ http://www.ActiveState.com